Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Nine Percent



We sent out our first prayer letter, and made one trip to Ojai (where we had a great little birthday party for Drew). And... Praise God, we are at 9% of our monthly support. If any of you want to call or stop by to talk about how good God is there's nothing I'd rather do.
After Heidi and I prayed a prayer of thanks to God last night, we committed ourselves to Him: learning about Him, spending time with Him, and knowing Him.
It would be easy for us, in our excitement, to pursue the next 10%, but we would be in error. It is not our efforts or your commitments that provide for our needs.
Deuteronomy 8:18
But remember the LORD your God, for it is He who gives you the ability to
produce wealth, and so confirms His covenant, which He swore to your
forefathers...
I am so thankful that He has given our friends and family these abilities and used them to bless us in such a tangible and encouraging way. Praise God.

1 comment:

  1. Adorable picture! Adorable kids! : ) We are so excited for your future and what God has in store!

    Could you email me (whenever you get a chance in your busy schedule)all of the pics you took the weekend you were here. Remember, my camera was/is broken. You can just Snapfish them to me. No hurry, I'm years behind in my scrapbooking anyway! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete