Sunday, May 11, 2008

Untitled

Here's another poem from my notebook...

I've got a plan
     a clever trick
          to get a stone to talk.
We'll gather round
     a pile of rocks
          no one will speak or squawk.
Jesus said
     that this would work
          just before He died.
I can't say
     that I've seen it
          even though I've tried.
What you do 
     is not praise God
          don't give Him what He's due.
The reason that
     it's never worked
          is that I can't be still.
I see the stones,
     the grass, the trees
          rising up the hills
And there I see
     my Savior, God,
          Creator, Kind, and Friend
Then praises rise
     in my stoney heart.
          His praise is without end.

4 comments:

  1. Ooooh! That's good. When did you write it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey... that is a really good one. I love this hidden talent of yours!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hiya Jeff, just cruisin through your blog. Great poem!!

    ReplyDelete